So, last night I had plans to go out and meet up with the ladies I am working with for a mother-daughter fashion show this weekend. I left Vince in charge, gave him the stuff to make for dinner, finished homework and even laid out jammies for all 3 kids. I left at 5:25 for a 5:30 meeting. I no sooner get out of my car and the phone rings from home. I hear a panicked voice from Vince. He says to me, "I think I need you to come home. I think we have an emergency." Hmmm....Now Vince is not an alarmist. He is not a worrier. He does not easily get his boat rocked. By him saying we had an emergency, I really believed him. I left the ladies there and rushed back home. (Might have pulled out in front of some teens driving a truck, but they got over it). Poor Hope was rolling around with the dogs on the living room carpet and found the
one exposed carpet nail...the one we didn't even know about til this happened. I checked out her owie and decided to take her to the walk in dr's office. The dr felt it best to use the skin glue on her little face rather than stitches. He said the wound is pretty superficial, but this will help with scarring. Poor little girl was NOT happy to be papooosed in a blanket and held down. She and I were in and out of there in less than 30 minutes though. She came home and went right back to playing like nothing had happened. She was a bit clingy at bedtime, but is fine today.
Now, she gets to model in tomorrow's fashion show sporting this look...

This picture was taken last night right after we left the dr...she was enjoying her dum-dum lollipop. Today her eyes are not red from crying, but she is now sporting a slight shiner to go with her glued-owie. Should make for a beautiful model. Super glad our PPR was last weekend.
Off to get ready for tomorrow. I will post pics after the show. It will be fun. We have like 50 models modeling some great looks. Hope will be wearing Gymbo and walking the runway with her daddy who will be modeling Banana.
4 comments:
That looks like that really hurt. Accidents happen.
Joy
kids always find those random things! i hope she heals up quickly.
Kellie, thanks for the update on my blog. How was the fashion show, a success I hope. I was reading Amys blog, and boy would we love to experience Waldoworld. It looks like a blast. Praying for Hopes owie to get better. As you know, having older children already, no matter how hard we try to protect them, they will always find a way to get into something. I hope Ava will love her doggies as much as Hope loves hers. Sally
Oh no! Poor thing and always happens at such times too! Hope the show went well and she is healed up soon.
Post a Comment