We made it through our intake interview today! The ladies at Hope's Cottage were so very welcoming and sweet. I was nervous, and so was Vince, but they made it easier.
Cassandra went through our packet, and I must pat myself on the back...It was complete, and in order! Yeah, I rock! Everything went very well and she said she does not anticipate any problems or issues that would cause a road block. I am so relieved! We now have to schedule a together interview, an individual interview and a home visit. Totally managable. :o)
Ok, on the the funny/best Mom award winner for the day! I picked up the boys from school today and had to run some errands. I could not figure out what smelled so bad. When I say bad, I mean BAD! I realized it was Parker. I started worrying that maybe he had a potty accident at school or something...it was THAT bad. I got home, stripped off his clothes and tossed him in the tub. He then, and only then, announced that he had found a "Cute little blue speckled egg" today and PUT IT IN HIS POCKET!!! He then proceeds to tell me that the egg broke in his pocket and he could not get it out. YUCK! I got his shorts and turned the pocket inside out and found not only the smooshed egg (with whatever birdie left overs) and a ton of dead (thankfully) fire ants! Could you imagine if they had been alive...and in his pocket!! He had ANTS IN HIS PANTS!! Ha!! Oh my...I think I get the mommy award of the day! He has now been sanitized and instructed that we don't need to bring home "Cute little blue speckled eggs!"
~~Kellie
No comments:
Post a Comment