I will be the first to admit that I have been very bad keeping up with my blog. I have been busy with the dossier documents and education as well as the general business of life.
Let's see, where shall I start? The dossier! We have the binder and are almost done filling out the documents and getting ready to get everything notarized. We have read 3 out of the 5 required books! We are well on our way!!
We officially chose our region of Russia to apply to. We are applying to Tomsk. It is a beautiful city on the edge of Siberia. We were told that referrals are coming in a timely manner and things have been going very smooth! SIBERIA! YIKES!! I might just freeze my patootie off!
We are done with our home study. Things went well, and I was not as nervous as I thought. We are just waiting on the report to be finished now. Yea!!!
We submitted our papers for fingerprinting, so we should hopefully hear back soon for that appt.
The boys got their report cards! Parker got straight A's in first grade! Connor got 4 A's and 2 B's in 4th grade. He was bummed about the B's, but took it OK, since math is much more difficult this year. They are doing very well and love school!
This past weekend we went to a picnic with Nightlight Christian Adoptions, our agency) and got to meet some great families who have adopted internationally. It was so great for the boys to be able to meet the kids and play. We had great fun and bought a ton of pumpkins.
I am sure I will have more soon, but I must get back to reading.
1 comment:
congrats on selecting your region. we just returned from siberia. the day we arrived (oct. 13) it was snowing. it was their first snow of the year. our translator told us the ground will be covered in snow in the next 30-40 days! that should make our court trip fun! brrrr! maybe i'll have some tips to give you to survive the cold :)
Post a Comment