We witness a every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hand
"But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you." Psalm 39:7

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Birthday Party Success!

So far, we are surviving the 10th birthday party of our sweet boy, Connor. We had a great day playing and swimming with his buddies. As I type, they are all upstairs with Vince watching The Goonies. From the sounds of it, they are all having a great time!

Here is the ice cream cake Connor wanted from Ben and Jerry's. Can you say, Sugar Rush!?! Parker was waiting for everyone to get here and decided to break out the r/c boat. He was having a blast. He wants to glue some Lego men to it so it has a "real" driver!
A pool full of boys! Oh my, they were having fun...but anything but quiet! Connor is the one in mid-air showing off his moves. We ran the heater for 24 hours to get the water warm enough. Darn those spring birthdays. It never fails...it will be warm for days on end, then the few days leading up to Connor's party and the day of his party, the weather is stinky. I rained a bit on and off all day. They didn't care. I bet I will care when I get my gas bill next month!


After swimming the boys went out front for a Nerf gun battle. The divided into teams and took over the neighborhood. I really hope they all sleep tonight! Fingers crossed!Now that Vince is on offical party duty, I am going to bury my face in my book and enjoy some much needed quiet time. I still can't believe my boy will be 10 on Tuesday! WOW 10 years!

~~Kellie

3 comments:

Rich and Jolynn said...

Wow, Happy Birthday Connor. I would have been in the pool too, especially if it heated and warm. By the way the pool is gorgeous love the design. What a fun day!

Anonymous said...

looks like fun! the cake looks delicious. did you save me a piece? :)

Jeannie and Freddy said...

To the other mommy who also named her daughter Hope: God Bless you guys & Congrats on your new addition!

http://hope-ourbabygirl.blogspot.com/

Walden Family Year in Review 2010

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Blog Archive