We witness a every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hand
"But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you." Psalm 39:7

Saturday, April 18, 2009

The rooms are done~~


Parker's room. He wants a dog themed room. We need to hang his picutres and posters still. He got some new bedding for Christmas with "The Dog". He wants us to paint large orange paw prints on the angle wall. We were sad to see his mural of Winnie the Pooh go, but he wanted a change. The color is kind of aquamarine.



Connor's room. He had a large cowboy mural, but wanted a more grown up kid room. He has not decided on the decorating yet. He has chosen some posters, but nothing is set in stone. His color is kinda of pool blue.
Hope's room. The stripes were such and impulse, but we love them. I have some pictures to hang, but for the most part it is done. We are doing to stencil a bible verse above her closet door. "But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you." Psalm 39:7
Oh, I can't wait to sit with her and read stories. Good Night Moon is first on the list!

Today is Connor's birthday party. How can it be that my little man is turning 10?!?! We are sure to have some fun, as we have 6 boys coming to swim and sleep over. The house will be loud and a mess, but it will be fun!!
Must add more coffee to my day if I am going to survive the party!
Kellie

4 comments:

Joy said...

OH MY WORD!! What beautiful rooms. I can just see her walking in there for the first time and taking all in.

I love the stripes.
Joy

Carala said...

what great looking rooms! We are almost ready to start our boys rooms...we're building Trennon one where our loft was...and then we're going to paint Ryden's and our girls room. Plus I need to get bedding etc for her room. What fun! :-) I feel inspired...thanks!

Carala from Canada

**have a fun party!

Anonymous said...

love the room colors. i also love the stripes in hope's room.

how did the b-day party go? 6 boys sleeping over...you are brave.

Our Russian Adopted Princess said...

I love your daughters bedding! Can I ask where you got it from? We are in the process of adopting from Russia and we have 4 boys now and I would love to have a shabby chic room for our adopted princess.

Walden Family Year in Review 2010

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Blog Archive