Oh my gosh, it is so good to be home. We have been without internet since Weds night..so I have felt so out of the loop. I am doing laundry and unpacking today...just so I can repack! We are leaving Friday for gotcha day!
Court was amazing. You could really feel God's presence in the room. We were not super nervous. When the judge announced that we were now Hope's parents, I think we both cried! It was almost magical!
The days after court, we spent some time with Hope and played outside. She loved to play in the sand box and chase bubbles. She said her first "words" with us also. She was feeding a baby doll cheerios and said, "Tata" for baby. She also said, "Mamamama", and I took that as Mama!
We got to take her out in the car to get her passport picture taken. She did so well and enjoyed licking the window! She did not fuss at all and seemed to be enjoying herself. We pray that is how she will do on the way home.
We miss her tons today, but know we will be back with her in a week, and soon enough, she will be home forever!!
We are going to spend our day playing with our boys and snuggling them tight.
Kellie
6 comments:
Wow! You are back! That is wonderful! :-) I wasn't sure how must people do this process with having kids at home. We are actually taking our boys with us when we go on trip #2 and plan to stay the whole time. In you opinion...what would it be like for us? Unfortuntely we don't have a choice anyway since we have no one to take our kids while we'd be away. We will leave them at home for Trip 1...but that is all we can do. We are all travellers so we look forward to doing this with our boys...who will be probably pushing 6 and 8 when trip 2 happens.
I'm sure it's hard to be away from your daughter...but I know how nice it is also to be back with your boys. Soon you'll all be a family and these days will be behind you! :-)
I'm so glad you really felt the presence of God with you in the court room...as that is what I am most nervous about. :-)
God bless as you complete your journey to your adorable daughter and sister!
With love,
Carala
Welcome home!!! So glad your travels went well. This week will go by SO FAST! Yipppeeee!
Can't wait to see you all! I'm glad you're home and everything went so well, I'll keep praying that it continues that way. :)
Yea!! Welcome back - even if just for a bit! Congrats!
i'm glad court went well. this week will fly by! we will be in the dallas area in july. i hope we can meet hope then!
Congratulations again! I know you are so ready to go back to get her and wrap all of this up, but it is good to be home for a little while to love on your other children and refresh your mind and rest.
Post a Comment