With 2 weeks left before we travel, I feel like I have so much to do, but yet, have accomplished so much!!
I have gathered some donations for the orphanage. I found a great deal on some blanket sleepers on clearance for the babies. We have purchased some Tylenol and Band Aids, and a few other items to donate. There is so much more I would like to donate, but I hear the cost of bags on the in country Russian Airlines is very high.
My mom sent a big box of clothes for Hope this week. She found some great deals and some amazing clothes for our little princess. We can't wait to see how cute she looks wearing them. We now have hair bows, little pink socks and dresses...all in little bitty size.
We should have our Visas this coming week. I got the boys' medical reports yesterday and ours will be on Monday. After that, most everything will be done. We have some Apostilles to do and copies to make, but all of the "big" things are done. Wow!!!
What does one pack when they go to Siberia??? That is the million dollar question! Jeans...warm boots...jacket....long sleeves... How fashionable do we need to dress?? Guess I can't take my comfy comfy Old Navy sweat pants. Ha!!!
We got together some gifts to take with us. Found 2 nice reed difusers at TJ Maxx for our in country coordinators. We got the men we will travel with (driver, translator) packages of cigars. I am making little gift bags for the orphange staff with pretty ear rings and some lip gloss, might want to add something else. My goal is to bring light gifts. Nothing too big and bulky.
Ok, so I have rambled enough. Guess I should get cracking on laundry....I hear it does not wash itself! :o)
~~Kellie~~ 14 days and counting!!!
3 comments:
so exciting! :))) i can feel your excitement.
Bring your comfy sweats if you can fit them in! You'll be glad you have them. I brought those new m&m's flavors as extra gifts for the orphanage staff and they loved them and even asked if we could bring more on our third trip!Just a thought!
Wishing you the best!!!
OH I CAN'T WAIT TO PACK LITTLE BOWS!!! :-)
I am so excited for you! I definitely can "feel" your excitement along with Tammy. Your words radiate pure joy!!!!
Post a Comment