We witness a every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time & miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hand
"But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you." Psalm 39:7

Monday, March 16, 2009

Nesting...cleaning...packing...Oh My!

It is a beautiful spring day today. The birds are chirping, the windchims are singing, even the boys are in amazingly happy moods....it must be SPRING BREAK! We are happy to have such a wonderful day today. The boys have spent most of it outside playing or in the pool. I am trying to get a little relaxation in with them, but alas, I am cleaning my house. I am nesting like a crazy person~~I mean, who really cares if I vacuum under my bed before we leave or not?! At least, most everything will be done today, so tomorrow we can just relax and enjoy spring break....that is if I don't decide to vacuum under every other bed in this house! ha!

We have everything together for our trip, and now we are just trying to think of things we can't live without in Siberia. You know, the less obvious things. I know we will only be gone a week, but "what if" we need "item X" and we don't have it??? (Yes, I am going just a little crazy!) So far, we have limited what we are bringing to the essentials only....after we weigh that bag, we can figure out if there is anything else that might just be "needed".

I just remembered, tomorrow is St. Patty's day...better sleep in green jammies or the boys will get me in the morning! I might have been the kind of child who would "stalk" her mom and sister on St Patty's day morning in hopes that they forgot to sleep with some green on, and then jump on the chance to pinch one of them without the risk of getting pinched back. I just might have been that child! I don't know if the boys have that gene from me or not, but I am NOT taking any chances.

~~Kellie

1 comment:

Rich and Jolynn said...

Hi Kellie,

I know for sure that I want to bring Pepto Bismol and Ambien. Might sound weird but I want to be able to sleep. The trip will be so exciting and (for me) nerve-racking that I will need some help. Especially if the meals are a little spicy. My husband wants me to bring peanut butter. I said "what in my carry-on" and he said yes:) not sure if this will happen?

So excited for you, do you know if you will be blogging from Siberia?

Walden Family Year in Review 2010

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jer 29:11 (NIV)

Blog Archive