When Hope disappeared...
I was cleaning and vacuuming today getting ready for my trip and when I looked up, Hope was gone. Now, this could have worried me, but I knew all the doors were locked, so she was inside somewhere. Normally, she stays close when I am running around the house, only wandering as far as the dogs might go. I called to her, and she answered, but she sounded different. It was then that I realized I was hearing her on the baby monitor, as well as the echo of her calling back to me. So, I armed myself with my camera and headed up to her room. I didn't see her at first, but upon further examination, I found a lump under the covers on her bed (the bed she doesn't sleep in yet). She was laying in her bed, playing with her toys, totally content. What a wonderful sight!
Over the past few weeks she is showing more signs of being comfortable in her home. She will now lay on the floor or chair with a blanket and watch TV. Before, she would sit and watch TV, but only lay if she was with one of us. She would watch Elmo, but standing or sitting in her chair. She will now grab a blanket and snuggle up to her favorite show.
Such a little thing, but such a milestone too. I can now walk out of the room without being noticed. My shadow is not as clingy as she was just weeks ago.I better run, I am being summoned to play babies with my sweet girl. She has handed me a half naked Cabbage Patch and a bottle. :)
Kellie
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jer 29:11 (NIV)
3 comments:
Just precious...have fun playing babies! and that is wonderful news about your Dad. I hope you have a good trip.
These pictures are just beautiful!
She is so precious.
Joy
Great shots there! The lighting is pretty in her pink room!
Post a Comment